Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surprise, Surprise!

Jackson and I were blessed this weekend oh so many times. You see, Friday afternoon I called my wonderful husband and found out that he was hopping on a train and would be arriving at the Leuchars train station 10 minutes away from our house at 7:30pm! How excited I was!! I felt like I was in a movie as Jackson and I walked up to the platform to wait for him. We enjoyed what seemed like a very short weekend, but were so glad to have him home!

On Saturday, as we were sitting in our living room, drinking our coffee and marveling at how our son just loves to smile and run around an empty room, we looked out our window and, lo and behold...there was a rooster in our back yard!! YES A ROOSTER! It was so funny to us! We drew Jackson's attention to the window, and he quickly walked over and leaned up against it (to which I thought two things, "how cute" and then, "oh, I'm going to have to clean these windows frequently...there are cute little handprints on them!"). He was fascinated by the rooster (and so was I!!). When it got out of his sight, he became slightly upset and then carried on. So, I suppose that is proof that we live more "out in the country" than we ever have. And no, I have no idea where the rooster came from or where it ended up going.

1 comment:

JL said...

Windex wipes will be your friend! Should I send you some?