Tuesday, February 26, 2008

1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, ...

Electricity out...again...for the second time in three days, and no movers!! 4:15pm...MOVERS!! YES...MOVERS!! OH MY...MOVERS!! And...better yet, they had our stuff...well the little that we packed in that first shipment. But, it was enough...enough to begin to feel like we will actually live here. (Oh, and the electricity came back on at 4:30pm...another answered prayer.) I will tell you, it was the first time that we moved that I actually cried when I looked around after the movers left. I got teary-eyed when I opened Jackson's toy box (not because I wondered why did we not pack ALL his toys in this shipment...but because we DID pack toys and he would now have something familiar to play with!). It kept him busy for a few minutes, but, ... oh, when I unpacked his straw cups and his booster seat! That's when I lost it. I looked at how enthralled he was with his booster seat and how badly he wanted me to take off the tray so that he could play with the seatbelt part (as he always did before). It occurred to me, that he, too, probably wanted some familiararity to his life...and now he had it. Then, with hesitation, I placed him back in his crib tonight since December 9th. And, it wasn't long before he was sound asleep. I hesitated only because it was different than what he had gotten used to over the last two months. But, no reading the books at the foot of the bed, no fussing, just turned over and fell asleep. And then, I gladly loaded the dishwasher with OUR dishes and handwashed the remainder. I cannot tell you how thankful and greatful I am to our Father God that He cared so much to teach me that I do not need our things to be happy, but then, He graciously made them appear. I wonder about the emotions that might flow when I start looking at all the scrapbooks...as they too were in this first shipment.





It is now 10:20pm, and most of the stuff is washed and put away, boxes gone and a sigh of relief that, yes indeed, we do live in Scotland. Blessings continue to abound in the Blake home.

2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

I am so glad your stuff finally arrived. I always say home is where your family and your stuff is. You can make anything feel like home if it has your stuff.

Jenny said...

what a relief Kristin! I'm so glad for y'all :)