"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Overwhelming Grocery Shopping
Alright...so as if I wasn't convinced before that "groceries delivered to your door" was the best thing since sliced bread (see previous post, "The Best Thing Ever"), NOW I really am. I decided to do this week's shopping actually at the store. Jackson was AWESOME. He was cheerful even despite being tired (it took me much longer than intended)...it was ME that was "fussy!" I guess I got really used to not many choices when we were in Okinawa, because I was COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED!! This grocery store is great, don't get me wrong, but when you are in another country, things are labeled differently and even if it is the same product, the packaging is different. I was so totally excited as I got my cookbooks this week in our shipment, so I was preparing to cook a few recipes while Cody was back this week. Well, I think I found something from every recipe...but not everything for one recipe!! Oh, and their grocery carts here, what in the world!! They move this way and that way and this way and that way. I was bound to end up in a "grocery cart accident" if I wasn't slow and careful! OK, so as not to make this post entirely negative, it was fun to be out with my cheerful little man...and, we did end up getting home with most major things on the list...you know, milk, bread, eggs, chips/crisps and snacks for Jackson. I think I'll be doing my big shoppings online from now on...just seems easier! Then, after we get the groceries delivered, I'll go to the store and pick up the few things I forgot to order, so the cart is easier to push and I don't get fussy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would definitely go for online shopping. That sounds awesome.
You crack me up! Look out world it is Jackson and Mommy!!
Post a Comment