Thursday, February 14, 2008

CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright...time to vent...have I mentioned that I cannot wait until this PCS is considered OVER and we are comfortably settled into St. Andrews, Scotland??!!!?? It does appear that I now feel like a complete outsider (as if when I talk that doesn't label me as "an outsider")! I have just spent over an hour on the phone with the phone company (ironic). Apparently, I will get two separate bills from the phone company...one for our broadband and one for our landline (b/c, you must have THEIR landline to hook up THEIR broadband, but they cannot seem to figure out how to bill you on the same bill). Does this seem crazy to you and a complete waste of trees?? Can you not join your departments together and all work as a team?? Gee whiz!!

In other news, apparently our stuff is supposed to be in the country. But, here's the kicker, our leaving location (I'll keep the name anonymous so as not to hurt feelings...but you can figure it out!) filled our paperwork out incorrectly, and, well, according to our paperwork, the shipment is now complete having landed in England. Uh, hello, we live in Scotland!! (Here's where I remind myself that one does not need possessions to be happy!) So, the location in England is trying to redo some paperwork so that it can make one last trip to Scotland. Mind you...this happened with BOTH of our shipments from above said location. Oh, and that location, uh, somehow never sent our paperwork on our US storage stuff...so, that is still in storage! Paperwork on that is also being regenerated! What's your vote...should we just start buying all new furniture?? (Just for kicks...to respond to this question, vote in the poll to your left.) (Again, this is where I remind myself that one does not REALLY need furniture...so far, I've discovered what a wonderful thing an imagination is. I just wish that when I sit on the floor to watch t.v. it was as comfortable as the couch I'm imagining sitting on, or the air mattress as comfortable as the imagined bed, or the patio chair as comfortable as the imagined dining room chair, or the ...................................).

3 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

I am so sorry, Your blog did make me laugh. So just think about how you are bringing joy to your blogging buddies. I voted yes to getting new furniture. Just have a huge garage sale when your old stuff comes in.

Jenny said...

HANG IN THERE KRISTIN! Maybe this will encourage y'all to move to Texas next...just a thought!

JL said...

I am laughing with Vicki and I agree with Jenny. Texas is a great place, maybe you should come back! : )