Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Big Blessings

Isn't it amazing how we can seem like we don't know our purpose somewhere and then, BAM, it hits us? (Or, maybe it's just me that feels as if I don't know "my purpose" places...anyway...I digress.) We are so blessed to be a part of this base here. I would venture to say that it is the most family friendly base we have been on to date. I have found a group of wives, most with at least one child, that meet for coffee once a week in what some of us would consider a "food court" of sorts, but SO MUCH BETTER...not to mention nicer. This place has kid's area with an inside tumble form playground and ball pit for "wee ones!!" Jackson is pretty much right in the middle of all the kids age-wise...PERFECT! And then, on Wed. mornings, we have started going to a "motor" playgroup...which, I might add, is perfect for our "motoring wee one!" So, as I set him down in the gym today, so that I could find the 50 pence (the equivalent to $1.00) to pay for the session, he took off, without looking back. And then, as I looked up, he turned around from halfway across the gym and looked back at me with this huge smile, as if saying, "Mom, I'm so glad we are here...and, I love you!" Ah, just melted my heart!! And, it was then that it occurred to me, I'm here for my family and my family alone! God has placed me in Scotland to be the best wife and mother that I can be right now. And He is providing me with all the tools I need, if I just "step out of my comfort zone" and grasp them. WOW! It has also occurred to me that if we had had all our household goods at this point, that I probably would not have gone to these groups yet. God knows what He is doing...all the time!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

that is awesome Ti-ti! Please give that wee one a huge hug and kiss for me!

Vicki Blake said...

Thats funny, too. I actually was talking to Ryan about if we did not live in the middle of no where we would probably not venture out to these great places in California. I am so glad they have a great wives group out there. That makes such a difference. Especially when you have a wee one. By the way Mr. Clean Magic erasure works wonders on getting crayon off walls.