Monday, February 11, 2008

Perfectly Placed...

I have so many things to share, I'm trying to spread them out in my posts. I was just pondering this again, as I have so many times over the last month, and thought I would share it with you. It never ceases to amaze me at how God knows just what you need and when you need it. My brother and sister-in-law gave me a "Mom Devotional" book for Christmas. I must say, it is wonderful. It is a compilation of short little inspirations with Bible verses for every day of the year. They have all seemed to catch me right where I am on that day...only a miracle of God, I know. On January 29, as I was reading and had been wondering, "What is my purpose here in Scotland," I read my inspiration. Here is what the quote by Elisabeth Elliot said on the bottom of the page:

"Our heavenly Father knows to place us where we may learn lessons impossible anywhere else. He has neither misplaced nor displaced us."

The verse for that day was Psalm 143:10. It's a wonderful verse and reminded me of when we talked about doing God's will in Bible study last year. I will admit, I strongly do believe that God placed me here in Scotland to learn lessons impossible to learn anywhere else. I am holding onto that quote and the Bible verse...He knows what He's doing and I have to trust that. Some days, it is just hard to be away from Cody, to be away from family, to be away from friends and to be away from familiararity...a step out of my comfort zone. I am reminded, however, that I have not been misplaced or displaced but PERFECTLY PLACED by a PERFECT GOD! I can find comfort in that!

4 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

It is nice when God reminds us it is about him and not us. Thanks for sharing.

JL said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! Your strength and faith inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Kristin! As always, your positive attitude remains strong. I hope they find your shipments soon!!! God bless you for being so flexible!

Jill Dupras said...

Kristen,I'm a friend of Cody's growing up and I have been reading your blog. I also am in a new place sent by the US government and I wanted to thank you for passing on those words. God is faithful!