Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Trick or Treat

No, it's not October yet, but when I thought of our day, I thought of the tricks and treats that Jackson shared with me today...here they are...

The first trick/treat...we were sitting (and by we, I mean Jackson and me...Cody is delayed a day returning, so hopefully we will see him tomorrow afternoon) playing this evening with a whole bunch of toys. As Jackson picked up one of his duck toys (which, it seems like he has about 4 different duck toys and the one song that makes him smile so big is a duck song...do I see a trend??), and I said, "duck," as I so often do when he picks up his duck, but, here's the amazing twist...HE IMITATED IT BACK...WITH THE "UH" AND THE "K"!!!!!!!!!! (That's a speech therapist talking, I guess!) So, I clearly knew it was not "dat," which is still his favorite "word." I got so excited and praised him so much he smiled and kicked his legs. I said it again, and he imitated it again! This happened about 4 times! So, I do believe we have a first word...duck! Not that it's a very functional first word (you know, like "eat" or "drink" or even "mama") but, it is a word at that! What a special treat it was for me to hear this! Go Jackson!! I'm just sorry that Cody missed it...but we'll make it happen again!

His other new trick...today he discovered that he could lift his arms and hands up above his head and stretch his whole body while sitting in his booster seat. So, I turned it into our ever so popular game of, "How big is Jackson? Jackson is soooo big!" He loved it and kept putting his arms way up in the air (eating meals took forever, but, in our "eventful" life, we had nowhere to be, so we were in no hurry!). Then, he added a wave once they were up! I giggle now just thinking of him doing it...it was so so cute! If I can catch him in action next time, I'll take a picture! I enjoyed the tricks and treats for the day and look forward to the next ones!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! Go Jackson! Maybe the kindermusik class with its "6 little ducks" song was worth it :)

JL said...

He is entering my most favorite stage! I love playing the SOOOO BIG game, only thing better is "Where's your nose?"