Friday, August 10, 2007

INVASION!!

That's right...that is the only word I can describe this situation...INVASION! For those of you who don't live in Okinawa on one of the military bases, ants are a common thing in our homes. You just give up trying to get rid of them...they, like us, hate the humidity, so they come inside our homes. All types of ants! Well, I have found this wonderful spray that is safe to use indoors and kills the ants and keeps them away for a while at least. So, when I was making the bed today, which is right below a window, I noticed an ant trail. Ah Ha...I said! And I ran to get my spray! Spray all along the window, I did...and then 5 minutes later there were HUNDREDS (and I'm NOT exaggerating now!) of ants right above where our heads lay at night...INSIDE!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I moved the bed first, then sprayed and sprayed and sprayed!! I think I disturbed their large home that they had made ABOVE MY HEAD!! I just checked again, and it appears that I might have won this battle! Of course, I now have hundreds of dead ants above my head, but that is what a vacuum is for...right?? So, I will put a plug in for the spray...it is Spectricide Bug Stop Indoor Plus Outdoor Insect killer. The little slogan on the bottom says, "Kills Home Invading Pests." These home invading pests it did kill!! (A small part of me feels sorry for these small creatures, but they were no longer on their territory any more!)

1 comment:

JL said...

I hate bugs, this would give me the creeps at night. (yuck)