Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Daddy, My Hero

Well, that time of year has rolled around again...the time when Cody goes TDY to Guam. Last year, I was pregnant...this year, Jackson is here! So, this year's TDY will be much different than last year's here on the homefront. Jackson and I just ran outside to see the last jet take off to head over there...what an awesome sight!! We live right beside the runway and so can hear the loud engines roar and get the most fantastic sight of the jets heading into the "wild blue yonder!" I said to Jackson, "Say goodbye to Daddy!" and he looked off into the sky for a few seconds. If only he knew, what a hero he has for a Daddy! I believe some day he will...for now, I'll take the 15 minutes of "dadadadada" this morning as his way of expressing how proud he is of his dad...I sure am!!

1 comment:

JL said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Take care!