Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's All Good

What, you ask, is all good. Well, today, everything! Actually, my day started at about 5:15am...yep, that's right, 5:15am. Jackson decided that he didn't want to sleep any more and was crying away. So, I picked him up and he and I laid around for a while until it was his breakfast time (I don't want him to start thinking that EVERY time he wakes up before dawn that he can eat...6:30 is pushing it for me, but 5:15?? Nope, no breakfast then...so we waited.). He found his smile about 20 minutes after getting him out of bed and we started our day (even though I had only found a grin...I did not share my son's desire to "not sleep any more"). I believe he must be teething, because, our sweet little boy had many meltdowns this morning (or, it could just be that he got up at 5:15am!). After a little nap at 8am (while I did some Tae Bo...gotta burn off the calories I will consume at lunch with the piece of cake that is waiting for me on the counter!!), the phone rang. IT WAS CODY!! We had not really talked to him since he left...they are VERY busy in Guam and lacking in the "free time" category. Throughout the entire 8 minute conversation, Jackson pointed to the phone and said, "Dat" and then when I held the phone up to his ear so that he could hear Cody, he smiled from ear to ear. He knows his daddy!! So, no matter what else happens today..."it's all good," because we heard from Cody/Dad!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a very early start to your day! And I think 7:30am is early.

JL said...

I do not miss those early mornings! It is so nice now that they can turn on the TV and get a little breakfast. Don't worry there is hope! I am glad you heard from Cody.