Monday, August 13, 2007

It's All in the Attitude

Remember when I said that things just fall apart when Cody leaves (reference the "Live, Laugh and Learn" post)? Well, this weekend the car wouldn't start...AGAIN (this is a typical problem for us...when it pours, the car gets waterlogged and won't start for many days...it's a great car!!) and then the air conditioner broke (which, again, was not the first time)! It was not until today that the air conditioner breaking was a big deal because we have had very overcast, torrential downpour type weather here all weekend, making for a "cooler feeling" inside the house. But, TODAY IT WAS SUNNY...AND HOT INSIDE AND OUT!! The poor Japanese workers arrived at 8:30am this morning to work on the ac. They slaved at trying to fix the outside fan unit. At about 1:30pm they put it back together only to have it still not work and eventually replaced it with a brand new system and were gone by 4pm. That's right, they were outside that entire time fixing the ac, with the occasional trip inside to check the circuit breaker or the inside ac unit. Boy, was I thankful that they fixed it and were willing to stay until it was done. However, we had to stay in the house, as they needed to get in and out...so it made for a warm day. About halfway through the day, as Jackson and I were "enjoying" the warmth of the living room (which was by far the coolest room in the house), we sat in front of a fan. I thought back to my early childhood therapy days and tried to think of something fun we could do with the fan! Ooooooooooo, scarves!! So, I pulled some out and we had a ball in front of the fan with scarves for a while. I believe we both forgot how hot it was! Jackson likes wind, and to add scarves to the mix made for loads of laughs...for both of us! It was then that I thought, "This isn't so bad." You see, we never would have pulled out the scarves and had all the fun we had if the air conditioner hadn't broken! Sometimes, a good attitude on a sour situation just makes everything fine!!


2 comments:

JL said...

I really enjoy your blogs, it is so encouraging! (unlike mine today! HA)

Stephanie said...

What a great attitude to have in any not so fun situation.