"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Live, Laugh and Learn
Why does it always seem that things break right as Cody is leaving? As many of my other "military wife" friends can attest, things that don't normally happen when our husbands are here, happen while they are gone. It's when we learn things about ourselves that we never knew...like I had a friend that fixed a broken toilet all by herself while her husband was gone and decided she was a decent "handywoman", or the time when I had to find the off base vet all by myself in a totally different area of Okinawa (for those of you that don't know, my sense of direction is horrible AND there are no street signs in Okinawa...directions are by landmarks!). Ok, I'll get to my point...our lawnmower is not starting, and so, just as I usually do, I dwelled on it all day, swearing that we were going to get a yard ticket (which, the military gives for yards not in "regs"...one of the hidden "benefits" of living on base!) for our "grass field" and be kicked out of our house (and, again, for those of you that don't know me, I tend to exaggerate...ALOT!)! Then, at the end of the day, while I was sitting back watching Jackson chew on an empty water bottle (yes, the water bottle was more exciting than all of the toys surrounding him), I realized that tomorrow is another day, and though it may rain again before I mow the lawn (with someone else's lawnmower), I will be thankful that Cody made it safely to Guam, that our son is easily entertained and that I can smile, sigh, and realize that losing sleep over long grass is really not worth it at all! I do thank God for these tiny realizations in life...for I, too, continue to learn new things about myself through His many blessings (large or small) and abundant grace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really do think that is a test of our "woman-hood!" Good luck with all of that!
Post a Comment