Saturday, February 28, 2009

We "Have" A Dog

Yesterday's conversation as we were walking in the neighborhood:

As we approach a man walking his two dogs:
J: Huh! Look there are two big dogs!
Me: Yes there are two big dogs (meanwhile a bark of a small dog in the background)
J: Huh? What dat?
Me: That's a little dog up here at this house (pointing to the neighbor's house up the street)
J: Want to go see little dog.
Me: Ok, we have to walk up the street a bit.
J: (after a moment's pause) People have dogs.
Me: That's right. People do have dogs, but we do not have a dog.
J: (quickly looked up at me and responded...)YES! We have Guppy (his stuffed dog, for those of you that don't know)
Me: (I laughed!!) Yes, we do have Guppy (and then we proceeded to list the other stuffed dog's name...Toby)

It was then that I became aware that it may take a while to separate Guppy from him...so, for now, I will not try. And, to my Aunt Suzie and Uncle David, thank you for Guppy...he is obviously a part of our family!! Jackson just loves that little colorful puppy. What I would do if we ever lost that dog...I do not want to think about it!!

1 comment:

Vicki Blake said...

One day he won't need Guppy anymore and you will wish he did. Hudson started to lose interest in his elephant at 4 and by 5 he really just does not need him anymore.