Monday, February 16, 2009

Random Conversations

Some recent conversations:
J: Heldo mama (he says it in a funny voice, with a long draw out "o" and says "hello" incorrectly on purpose...it's really quite funny!)

Me: Yo Mama!! (in a funny voice back to him)

J: (emphatically, with a smile) OBAMA!

Me: (laughed!) That's the President, right?

J: OBAMA!
Alright, so I didn't vote for a democrat, but since he is our president, Jackson and I have been talking about him as we see him on the news. Thus, his name is in J's vocabulary!

Today, while watching a movie and talking about the helicopters and airplanes that J was seeing:
Me: So, do you like helicopters or airplanes better?

J: (with a smile) Mmmmm, (pause) AIRPLANES!

Me: Your daddy would be so proud!!

The other day, while watching the same movie as mentioned above (side note: I love this movie...it keeps him "sidetracked" for 45 minutes, and I feel like he's learning what daddy does...so I don't feel COMPLETELY guilty!):
I was sitting with him watching the beginning of the movie, when all of a sudden he points to one of the airplanes on the t.v. and says, "Buff" (name of an airplane)

Me: Um, you know what, you're probably right, but Mommy doesn't really know.
My thoughts: Guess I need to brush up on my military aircraft names...especially if I am going to let him keep watching this movie!!

And, one more...
Me: Jackson, when Daddy gets home, we are going to go on a holiday to Bratislava, Vienna and

J: (with no pause or time for me to finish my thought) Budacest!

Me: (turned to Cody...then back to Jackson and smiled) Well, yes, Budapest!

J: Those are funny names.

Oooo, that made me think of one more...
Today...
Me: Jackson, do you know that when we go on holiday your are going to sleep in your Thomas bed?

J: Haaa (with a big smile and excitement)
Then, a pause with thought...and this response...
Daddy not snore. Daddy scare me.

Me: (laughed) Well, maybe Daddy won't snore this time. I don't know.
(Happened in Ireland...guess he remembers!!)

3 comments:

The Walkers said...

Too cute! Don't forget to make recordings of him talking before he gets perfectly clear...

Heather and Scott said...

You made me laugh out loud with his comment about Cody snoring and it scaring him! Too funny :)

Jenny said...

I can't believe y'all are going to Budapest! I bet Sam is totally jealous...I certainly am! He said he was going to give you some pointers and some places to go and stay. Since he still has family there, you may end up meeting them before I do!