I am awestruck!! After living in three different countries, I have come to notice and realize how amazing God's world is...right down to the tiniest, little living things. Like the bugs in Okinawa...unique and oddly fascinating; or the leaves and bushes here...all different colors of greens and many different shapes; or the tumbling weeds of Texas...only place I've ever seen them!! Anyway, I remember the cherry blossoms and lilies in Japan were absolutely beautiful, however, looking back, we never went to the festivals that the Japanese had every year when the cherry blossom trees blossomed or the lilies came out! Dumb, I know! So, determined not to make a similar mistake here, we went to see the "Cambo Snowdrops" here. The season for blooming is the beginning of Feb. through beginning of March (or so). The Cambo Estate is a HUGE estate with lots of land and apparently the snowdrops just cover the grounds making it a breathtaking site to see! So, last Saturday, we piled in the car to go see them...because I didn't want to miss them. Although they have just started to bloom (and therefore were not covering the grounds), they were beautiful and we could see how spectacular it will be when they are all blooming. Here are some pictures of our excursion.
The Cambo Estate

The Cambo Snowdrops

Jackson with the Snowdrops behind him.

Cody and Jackson on our "Wooded Walk."

Jackson enthralled with the water. The walk there was amazing and you could hear the sea more and more as you approached it.

Jackson and me at the end of our "Wooded Walk."

God's Creation never seizes to amaze me when I really stop and think about it. And the fact that, combined, we have gotten to see from the heights of the skies (in many airplanes!) to the depths of the seas (in scuba gear!) is such a blessing to me!!
3 comments:
Wow, you guys are seeing some amazing stuff!
I so love keeping up with your blog as you enjoy Scotland!! What a neat opportunity to live overseas on the other side of the world now (and be able to understand - for the most part) the language and culture. Thanks for sharing...it brings back great memories for us!
Jessica
These are beautiful. I can just imagine as they explode over the grouds. I also love cherry blossoms. Cherries are a symbol of twins so we planted two cherry trees in our yard back home when the girls were born. They had lovely blooms every year. Hope they are still good when we return. Your next trip sounds fascinating. I have never been to any of those cities. Can't wait to read about it...
Post a Comment