Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Am No Travel Agent!

Let me just start this post by saying, I am so incredibly grateful and thankful that we have been blessed with the opportunity (and ability!) to "see the world" from many different locations. It has been so awesome. That said, after spending two weeks absolutely engrossed in the computer searching for hotels in three cities (well, and countries!) for our next trip, I have come to the conclusion that I WILL NEVER HAVE THE DESIRE TO BECOME A TRAVEL AGENT!! I am too picky, too involved in what other people think about their experiences at hotels that I have never seen yet will spend oodles of money booking, too picky, too much of wanting the best deal, too worried if it will be the "perfect" place, and did I mention TOO PICKY?!!!!? Ugh!! I can say now, that I have successfully booked hotels in Bratislava, Slovakia; Budapest, Hungary; and Vienna, Austria and am TOTALLY excited about my choices and what we will be seeing in these cities!! Now, I must go look at how to get to these hotels and what we will be doing! Although, in my hotel search, I have discovered A LOT already about these cities! Hopefully in the future, I will learn to write little tidbits like this down on one sheet of paper...now I have about a dozen papers with little tidbits about 3 cities written on them.

P.S. Sorry if this post bored you...I had to vent, and I decided that if Cody got to a computer before I talked to him next, he could now know that I booked the "more centrally" located hotel in Budapest...after a week of contemplating!

No comments: