Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Glamis Castle

Last Saturday, we explored Glamis Castle. This was the Queen Mother's childhood residence. Cody and I agreed that this was our favorite castle yet. They did not allow us to take pictures of the inside for security reasons. In fact, you can only see the castle through a guided tour that ends in an exhibition room where they lock the alarmed door behind you so that you are unable to walk backwards through the castle!! Most of the things inside are originals and still sitting in the same locations as they were hundreds of years ago. Of course, some of it was restored throughout the years to make it as beautiful as it is today. The drive to the castle was amazing...as you drive down the road, the castle is right in front of you. As you begin to get lost in the fairytale moment, you come closer to the castle...and then the ticket booth! S'pose that brings you back to reality!! This castle has beautiful grounds that they have build a children's play area on...obviously NOT hundreds of years old. Jackson had a blast playing around for a while, so some of the pictures in the slideshow are from him playing on the castle grounds! (Gee, that sounds cool!) Jackson seemed to enjoy the tour through the castle too. We were not smart enough to put him in the backpack this time, so we took turns holding him. He did so well and seemed mesmorized by the whole thing. He enjoyed seeing the lights and lamps the most and pointed them all out in the rooms. He also loved the lions that were in all but one room of the castle. It was a wonderful time.









1 comment:

Grace4Us said...

Hi! I stumbled on to your blog by way of a mutual friend, Stephanie Mackey's blog. I was drawn by the photos and your travels. I am a youth pastor's wife and we don't get to travel much, so I just wanted to thank you for your postings and letting me tour a little world with you! I also was wondering if you had come across Robert and Amy Garland with your husband's career. Amy is my life long best friend and her husband was a weapons training officer in Vegas and is now in VA as sq. commdr. They are strong believers and I just thought you might have crossed paths. I did not see your full name to ask Amy.
Anyway...blessings to you and your family and thanks for letting me 'go on a little vacation' to places I've never been! What a beautiful family!!!!