Thursday, July 3, 2008

Big Celebrations!

Yesterday was July 2. 32 years ago, my beloved husband was born. Now, I love this day, because I can finally say that he is at least the number of years old that I am (he reminds me yearly that I am almost three months older than him...so I guess I cannot say that he is now my age...I, sadly, will always be older!). In all seriousness, we had a wonderful celebration at home. Cody enjoyed opening presents, and Jackson and I enjoyed the time spent with our Birthday Man! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CODY!!


Of course, as usual, Jackson was curious without us knowing it. Cody and I were having a lovely conversation, and then I turned around to find this.


Guess Jackson had loads of fun with Cody's presents as well! Later, after I thought he was done playing with them, and as I was cooking dinner, I turned around to find that he had torn all of the little peanuts up and strung them from the kitchen to the living room. I got a chuckle and then thought, "we're gonna have to clean that up." Guess that's what brooms are for!!

Today, we had an extra long lunch. Why? You ask. Well, I decided to try an open cup again with Jackson. You see, the last time I tried this, he shook it as he often does his straw cup, and it went EVERYWHERE!! Of course, because it had no lid. So, I thought, well, I'll be brave today. Lo and behold, Jackson figured it out after me helping just twice. And, funny enough, he turned to me after about 5 minutes of drinking from the cup and said, "No lid. No shake water." That's right. Don't shake it!! Wonder how long that will last. It also was amazing to me, as I watched him...I started to tear up. I know I say it all the time, but there are certain moments that it just hits me...my little baby is now a big boy. There's no stoppin' it now. He's growin' up. (Sigh.)

2 comments:

JL said...

Happy Birthday Cody! We thought about you guys yesterday. I hope you all have a great weekend. I guess there is no 4th of July celebration there. We will fire off a few for you!

Vicki Blake said...

Happy Birthday, Cody! So I will make a mental note that Jackson would like a bunch of foam popcorn for his birthday. Hee hee.