Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Day In the Yard

Last weekend, Cody and I bit the bullet and paid twice as much as we would have in the states for a Little Tikes slide. We thought our son was more than worth it and needed some sort of toys to play with in our beautifully large garden (err...yard...I'm becoming native apparently!). He loves the slide. We did not frivously buy the slide but actually went looking for this particular one, as he had played on this one at a friend's house and it was the source of much little boy joy! So yesterday, after his nap, I told him we could go outside and play. I told him that I had to do one thing, then I would put my shoes on and then we would put his shoes on and then we could go outside. So, I went into the laundry room for a couple of minutes to fold some sheets and switch the loads. I came out to find this:

Apparently he thought if he put my shoes on, we could skip a few steps?? But look...they're on the correct feet!! I am always impressed by this. This is not the first time he's done it, but it is the first time he kept the shoes on long enough for me to capture the moment!

So, then, we switched shoes and headed outside to slide.



Living on a golf course, we thought he should have a "set of golf clubs." So, we also bought him some play golf clubs, which he has cleverly termed, "golf sticks!" I think it's so cute!



I obviously went outside with camera in hand. Since I had it, I decided to see what kind of photos I could get during a mini photo session with Jackson. Out of about 40 shots, here were the best ones.



And then...our photo session ended.

(I actually thought this turned out to be a kinda cool picture! I don't believe I could have set it to focus on Jackson's face instead of the lens cap if I had tried!)

It's a good thing we spent the afternoon outside yesterday...because today we are having one long rainy day!

4 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Wow, he is growing up!

JL said...

I am glad you all are having a nice summer, in your sweats. HA! It will be 102 here today! Miss Texas? NOT!

Steph said...

Love the pictures! I still can't get over that y'all are wearing pants and sweatshirts in July. We're frying here! This week it's supposed to "cool down" to 102. Yikes!

Jenny said...

SERIOUSLY?!?! I can't get over how darn cute Jackson is! Uncle Sam is excited to know he'll have another golfing buddy...way to teach him early with those golf sticks! You may have a Tiger on your hands!