Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Forgiveness on the Heart

OK, so I had every intention of loading some pictures and talking about our events last weekend...but first...I must confess...it has been a horrible morning...all generated by me. I seemed to have loaded a virus onto our laptop through an email connection (mind you, I was aware of the virus and how not to open it...but I've slept since I got the "Be Aware Email" and forgot), so I have been downloading documents from our laptop onto my hard drive (which I was assured was safe)in great fear that I would soon lose things; I spent TOO LONG this morning attempting to locate a new music class venue and was late getting to music class, only to look like a total fool, as they were taping the class for a training video (I sprinted after having to park our ENORMOUS AMERICAN CAR miles away from the venue because I could not find a close parking spot that I could fit into); I've just had to shut down and restart the laptop several times to get onto my blog (no doubt, a sideproduct of the above virus), and I've just all out felt crummy because I said goodbye hastily to Cody as he headed off to work (I hate that, because I never know what will happen in his day) and then, I've spent brief moments sobbing because of my childish ways this morning. And then...........God's voice spoke. And so, I come to this blog attempting to get rid of my worries, fears, burdens of the morning, thoughts about things that have already come and gone that I should have done differently, and I ask God for his precious hand of grace and forgiveness for how I have been...this morning, and other mornings, days and nights. My life is a display for others to see Christ in me, and I have failed today. I must start the day over...so, it is 2:15pm here and here it goes...

Dear God,
Please help me to remain calm today, through the trials that you give me, through the things that may happen, through the busyness of the day, help me to stay on track with you. Help me to be a positive influence to our son from now on. Help me not to lose my temper and to find the greatness and blessings in every day that you give me. For I know that every day is a gift from you and should be a celebration for me! Present in my path a divine appointment, that I may share Your wonderful Word with someone who does not know you or has fallen wayside from your path. Give me the words to share with them and to make them realize how precious they are to you and how gracious and forgiving you are. Most of all Lord, THANK YOU FOR THIS DAY, the beauty that it brings, the joys it brings, the difficulties it brings, the special little moments that may occur, the people that you place in my path and the moments of prayer and chatting that I have with you. You are precious...oh so precious to me Lord...and I thank you, thank you Lord.
Your Child, Kristin.

Thank you for letting me share my prayer. I'm starting over now...the last 4 minutes have been phenomenal!! I'm looking forward, with tears in my eyes and a smile, to the next several hours, until I lay my head down for bed.

I placed a new music playlist thing on my blog last week. I do believe that the song "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns is very fitting. It is the only one I have listed there, but right now, it is an incredibly uplifting song for me to hear when I open our blog. "Who Am I, Lord, that...", well, simply put, Who Am I that God would care so much, to let me just start the day over...right in the middle of it?? His answer..."I am Your's." I am a child of God, that is who I am, and that is why I can pray for forgiveness and simply start the day over.

(I will post pictures and memory blog later...I must go experience the blessings in this day now. God is so so good!)

1 comment:

JL said...

Kristen that was a wonderful testimony of a "living mother and wife." Sometimes we struggle and fall into the ways of the world. The important thing is that WE stop and change course and quickly beg to get back on HIS path. That was a wonderful way for me to start my day. Thanks for sharing your prayers with us!