Monday, July 14, 2008

Inverness, Scotland











This past weekend, we thought we should go on a Loch Ness Monster search adventure, so we hopped in the car and drove 3 hours north, stayed in a lovely hotel in Inverness, Scotland, saw the Inverness Castle (one of the "newest" we've seen, rebuilt in 1846), cruised Loch Ness, saw the Loch Ness Exhibition, stopped by Urquart Castle to view the marvelous ruins, traveled just east of there to see Cawdor Castle (setting for Shakespeare's Macbeth!), popped on over to Fort George to see the only military location currently functioning as it was intended...as an Army Barracks, and while we were there, we saw a jousting tournament (the main reason for our visit there!). On the beautiful trip home, we slipped on over to the Dalwhinnie Distillery! Whoo!! It was quite a packed weekend, but we had a blast. The only Loch Ness monster we spotted, was our darling little son...who, did not really enjoy being Nessie (see slideshow). However, he has become quite attached to his Nessie Dinosaur/Monster that we got him and endearingly calls her...nothing else but "Nessie!!"

4 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Wow, you guys have a lot to see. Really cool.

Amy said...

Love the slide show! I just kept saying that I wanted to come to Scotland! I love the history - and so many castles!

Heather and Scott said...

I remember going to see the Loch Ness monster when I was a kid. You always take the most amazing photographs!! Tell Cody congrats for finishing training! Love you guys

JL said...

I am going to show these pictures to my students when we study the Loch Ness Monster, they will think it is so cool. I love your adventures!