No trips this weekend...just a Saturday trip to the nail salon and a couple hours of shopping sans child for me. My time was great...and probably much needed. My sweet husband could see it, and forced me to spend a few hours out alone. He knows me well.
Well, I suppose we can officially say we are "moved in" now (minus a couple of pictures not hung up!). Yesterday, we attacked the garage!! Now, for those of you I haven't told, we have had boxes sitting in the garage since April. It was most difficult to walk in there, but we were thankful that we could just throw things in there that we didn't know what to do with. Well, now we are thankful for the storage space. Our Explorer is too big to go in the garage, and we have just decided (for now) to keep the junky car (a.k.a. the "money pit"...see previous blog) outside...it is not worthy of the garage (in my opinion). Anyway, we have reboxed some things that we just simply "cannot part with" and they are now being neatly stored in the garage. This, however, means that they will forever remain in these boxes probably. Oh well!! It was fun (as I mentioned back in March) to "relive" the high school and college moments as we went through memory boxes, etc. We had many great laughs! Jackson found an old computer mouse and the "orange pots" (clay flower pots) the most interesting. Glad he's so easily entertained!!
In other news, I think we have a day of summer here!! It's in the low 70's, and Jackson and I could actually be outside without sweatshirts on! The wind is not blowing all that much, so that helps immensely! It's funny here, I believe summer comes a day here and a day there! I cannot believe that it is the end of July and we are still comfortably wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts with jackets most of the days!! I love the cooler weather!! However, I do fear the winter...we have been told that last winter (to include January when we were here) was mild! MILD!!????!! What do you mean mild! It was downright COLD!! Anyway, we'll see...I believe long underwear may have to be added into my clothing for the day come December!! The cold weather will make for a nice festive Christmas, I'm sure!!
O.K., seeing as it is so nice, I suppose I should go pull some weeds outside (not that I enjoy pulling weeds, but it's beautiful out...so I should be out there!).
3 comments:
I definitely envy your summers, although maybe not your winters! Glad you had a beautiful day.
The weather sounds wonderful! Being 33 weeks pregnant in the middle of hot Florida and Texas summers is not the most fun. I think I could handle the 70s a whole lot better than the his 90s. Enjoy the pleasant weather.
You sure you do not miss the 102 day we had today, it is to be followed by a 105 and a 99(cold front coming through). Glad you had fun out shopping!
Post a Comment