Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's Finally Here

These are our two new best friends, Tom and Scott...



...they brought our shipment of furniture yesterday!! WOOHOO! Cody, Jackson and I cherished sitting on our couch together looking at Scotland in the evening and praising God for a "smooth move" of our stuff. Aside from some mold on the dining table, bottom of the toy chest and the outside of some boxes, everything, so far, looks peachy! So, if anyone has hints on how to get small greyish, white mildew/mold spots off of furniture that we want to keep, let me know...I'm up for suggestions! Here are some pictures of our sweet son, rediscovering more toys...it seems that he has more toys than I thought. His "nice big playroom" suddenly became really, really small yesterday, with a chair, toy chest and craft desk (ok, so it's not ONLY a playroom for Jackson...also a "playroom" for me) ... oh, and ALL HIS TOYS!! How in the world did we accumulate SO MANY TOYS?!!!?




That's a mirror he's holding up to his face. It was only by chance that I caught this shot. If you look closely, he's smiling at his reflection...I thought it was so cute!! He just did so well yesterday!



So, now, we await one more shipment. It should arrive sometime around the end of April...you know, just as we get everything cleaned up from this one! Seeing as we had mold in this shipment, 'twill be interesting to see what our furniture that's been in storage for over 3 years looks like!!

5 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

I bet it felt like Christmas. I am so happy for you guys. I am sure that house is finally starting to feel like home.

Steph said...

Aww, I love the pic of J looking in the mirror. And I have to say that I'm right there with you with WAY TOO MANY TOYS. What's so frustrating is that of the hundreds of brightly colored toys that are meant for him, L would rather play with my iPod or the remote control any day. Think of the money we could save!

JL said...

I can not believe how much Jackson looks like you in that picture with him and Cody! Welcome home, STUFF!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! That is fantastic! Now you can have a whole box village! Hee, hee! Enjoy the furniture and all.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad your things arrived! It must feel great :) As for the mildew/mold, we're having success with a mix of 3 Tbs. vinegar, 2 tbs. borax and 2 cups hot water mixed and poured into a spray bottle. It (supposedly) kills the mold and the odor. I did a little online reading and apparently vinegar alone also has a high success rate. Of course, this was only after we both tore up our hands with bleach! Good luck :)