"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Friday, April 11, 2008
Rambling about Boxes...
There are good things about moving...new house, starting over, reorganization (which is overwhelming at first but when done, is such an accomplishment!!), finding things that you "lost" in your last house...and then, there are not so good things...like, ENDLESS BOXES!! Where do all these boxes come from?? I finally seemed to get most of the boxes unpacked and then, I stepped into the garage, the office, aaaaaaa!! More boxes! I guess it's good that we know we have one more shipment coming soon...THESE boxes MUST be gone before that shipment comes, because, oh my, that has boxes full of ... uh... junk!! When I think of what is in those boxes, I begin to wonder, why did we not just sell most of that stuff BEFORE leaving the states 3 1/2 years ago?!!? Alas, we did not, and so we will relive our elementary, high school, college and beginning marriage years all over again as we go through those boxes. I'm sure we'll find some treasures and enjoy many many laughs as we do. To conclude...there's no real reason for this post, except to ramble about boxes. I just thought I needed to write a post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahh, yes the boxes. The funny thing is we had just gotten rid of ours right before I needed to send off your Christmas stuff. I went to the post office and bought a box. I really felt dumb.
Yeah . . . I'm a little concerned about the stuff I stored before Kadena. If I remember correctly: some yearbooks, a huge container of pics of me when I was ages 0-11 that for some reason my mom didn't want anymore (WTF??? Thanks, mom.), a George Foreman grill that we never used and probably never will, books we've already read and yeah . . . that's about it. I'm excited.
Good luck de-boxing!
Yep, nothing like the never-ending boxes o' random stuff! Enjoy your trip down memory lane when the next set comes. Does Scotland do yard sales? :)
Think of the late shipment your way of pacing your unpacking! I remember those high school, college early marriage days. Those are my memories that are coming to you!
Post a Comment