I come to this blog with tears streaming down my face and completely humbled before God. I do not even know where to begin but simply that God has been doing a mighty work in my heart and my life. I have painted a perfect picture of our life here in Scotland, when in reality, I have struggled. I realize now, after reading a friend's blog about her 3 year old daughter that has leukemia, and thinking about the many trials going on in our lives, that God has been my sustainer throughout the last 8 years, but more within the last 4-5 months than I can even begin to describe. You see, when we moved here, I was beyond excitement. Then, I hit rock bottom about a month ago. The reality is that I am an American living in another country, and it's been hard (I will spare you many details!). I don't write this post to ask for sympathy or make you feel sorry for all we've been through but to simply share that God is good and will always be there for you...He definitely has for me. Throughout the last 5 months, or rather since we found out we were moving here, it seems as though there have been "roadblocks", if you will, every step of the way. Some that we could not even imagine on our own. But, the mighty power of God and the comfort of His strong arms hugging me, carrying me and helping me to continue, along with the sweet, graceful sound of His voice has absolutely kept me going. Cody and I so often talk that this move was definitely in God's plan for our lives...so we know we are to be here. And, I am thankful that we know that insight. Because God has been so great in my life over the past 8 years, I want to let you know, that HE IS ALL YOU NEED! Stuff, friends, computers, t.v., and the other things that clutter our lives are not necessary...but God is!! I have made that discovery now more than ever. May He continue to bless you day in and day out in more ways than you can know or imagine, and may you always be in His grip...as that, my friends, is when you will experience the many blessings that God has for you...no matter where you are!
In His Grip,
Kristin
--I was going to change the Bible verse at the beginning of the blog, but decided to keep it on, as it seems to apply so well to this post. So, take a moment and read it. I pray that it moves you like it does me. God's words are so powerful!
5 comments:
I have started my comment over and over but you know all I really have to say is you are not alone. It is so hard to move around and be in new places. No matter where that place is. Satan will attack us when we are at our weakest. Stepping out of our comfort zones to obey God's will is a great time for satan to make you feel miserable. Believe me I have been there over and over. I don't think anyone's life here on earth is ever perfect. We are silly to believe that. But you have your trust and faith in Jesus. That may not make this life easier but it sure gives us a hope for the next one. Thanks for sharing your real and vulnerable thoughts. It actually gives me a wake up call to think "oh, wait it is not about me, it is about God". I also think it is okay to run home and feel in that "box" for a while so I am so glad you and Jackson are getting to see family soon. It will be a nice time to refuel. Okay, I will stop "talking" now.
I can't imagine what it's like to be so far away from family and all that you're used to. I thought California was far when we moved so far from family. But I do understand what it's like to move away from what's familiar even though you know it's where God wants you and your family. It's not always easy but God is with us at every moment.
Thank you for sharing that! God's amazing plan is so hard to see when you are faced with trial after trial. Stay strong in your faith and know that the footsteps you follow are carved with great precision and planning. We are here for you! Send us your gripes, complaints, or frustrations we know nothing is perfect all the time.
Thanks for sharing from your heart Kristen. HE is all that matters. HE gives grace, new mercies EVERY morning. Now, if we could just remember that every time the road gets blocked :-)
I'm just catching up on some blogs while Andrew rests, and I really appreciated this post. Thanks for reminding me that God is in control at a time when I feel my life is being dictated by a 3-week-old! I can't imagine the transitions you face each time to get to a new country, but your journey and adjustments are an encouragement to me right now. And thanks for all your sweet comments on our blog. The next time we visit our friends in England, maybe we'll take a detour to Scotland!
Post a Comment