Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kissed By God

(Wow...it's amazing how the verse to the left that I put on the blog two days ago applies so well to this post.) Today was an on/off rainy day. Cody is gone and Jackson came down with another cold (he gets these a lot here for some reason) yesterday, so we stayed in all day today. Then, just before I put Jackson down to bed at 7:30pm, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds (it is staying light until about 9pm now here...soon it will be later!!), and it looked as if it was a warm and sunny afternoon (although, I have figured out that the sun is deceiving here...it's bright, but not usually warm!). So, I thought, well, it's beautiful, I'll go sit out on the patio. So, out I went with a cup of coffee, blanket and Bible in hand at 8:00pm. As I sat there after I read my Bible, I realized what an incredibly fantastic sight God has created right here in our back yard. I guess I really hadn't sat out there since we moved here and taken it all in...WOW!! The sunset was gorgeous, the chapel in the background standing out against the backdrop of the sunset, the cool breeze on my face, about 6 bunnies jumping around on the grass out on the driving range and the occasional sounds of laughter as people were hitting golf balls on the range were all things I was witnessing. I looked up to see several fluffy white clouds and a jet stream...and I was reminded of our calling to come here. God is so faithful in everything. I know that it has been tough thus far for me, but I believe that is part of His calling...so that I can learn to trust Him more. As I sat there, I thanked God for the trials and the moments like this where He blesses me with a beautiful scenery and the assurance that He is present...and also the assurance that He knows what He is doing. It was like receiving a kiss from God. I smiled and wished that everyone could have experienced this moment...I was so incredibly thankful for God's beautiful creation and the gentle, peaceful and graceful reminder that He is always with me!!

1 comment:

JL said...

Those little extras are all we need sometimes to focus our attention. Awesome post!