Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Official...

...I am going to try to go to the US by myself with Jackson (well, with the amount of money it costs to fly from an overseas location to the states, there is no "trying" only "completely going"!). I was shakey the entire time I purchased the tickets (well, that was in part due to the fact that I was on a UK sight, purchasing tickets to the US, with a UK phone number and a US address...all went well). After I finally hit "complete purchase" I got excited...then anxious and nervous all at the same time. I actually think the nervousness is not for the flights themselves but making the connections and then having Jackson adjust, again, to new time zones. We will only be in two (well 3 if you count Scotland) this time verses the 3 or 4 or 5 or whatever it was last time, so that should make it easier. And this time, I know how to calm him so that I can at least lay down. Anyway, we are going to the states in May, and, when it all comes down to it, I'm more excited than anything else!!!

P.S. If anyone has any tips on how to carry a car seat, backpack, rolling suitcase, pack-n-play, stroller and a one year old all at the same time, let me know! I think I may have it figured out (car seat and back pack on my back and shoulder (we have a back carrier for the car seat), pack-n-play on top of rolly suitcase and one year old in stroller, whether he likes it or not), I'll take any and all suggestions/recommendations! :)

5 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

Wow, brave one. I wish I did have advice for you. My only piece of advice is bring the DVD player but you already know that one. Have fun!

Heather and Scott said...

Sounds like you got it all figured out! =) When I went with the girls alone, I put the car seat in the stroller, baby in the car seat (that was firmly in place in the stroller), backpack (with child necessities in there - and a change of clothes for me, you never know if you need that!), and had friends or hired help to get all the luggage inside =) You'll do great!!! =)

JL said...

Where in the states will you be? As far as traveling with all of the stuff I am sorry, but I can not help you there. Maybe you can look real helpless and have someone carry it for you! : )

kflyingcircus said...

if possible have your family buy or borrow everything but your carseat & stroller. then, just make jackson look really cute and you will have more than enough helpers :-) after doing the trip from here, the one from england will be a piece of cake!! it's the one time not to feel guilty paying a baggage guy put your stuff on a cart! have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see you both! I am wondering if you couldn't borrow a pack & play in Texas. I know that the rooms in Florida have cribs. Just a thought. It does sound like a lot to travel with. I think that the "Jackson looking cute and you looking helpless" plan is a good one too. :)