It has come to my attention, again, that I should just expect some sort of trial that effects my plans (And, in my head, this is what I am hearing, "Hint, Kristin, your plans are not THE plans...God has THE plans."). Jackson and I hopped in the car to go run to the grocery store before 9:30am playgroup. I had it all together, we were both dressed and in the car by 8:15am...COOL. And then, the kink, the car doesn't start and every light possible comes on and stays on. Hmmm, maybe the "Japanese philosophy" of spending a limited amount of money on a car that will simply get you from point A to point B just simply doesn't work in Scotland. You see, the car has been having issues (I won't list them all, but the flat tire incident was one of them)...of course these issues didn't crop up until now...2 1/2 months after we purchased it. Appears that purchasing another car may be an option???? We'll see...as for now, Jackson and I will stay in the house and play. Here's a picture of his "box playhouse" that we created!

So, we'll have fun in that, and probably go for a jog. Here's a picture from yesterday's jog. Jogging is different here; we must bundle up...oh, and also, I'm so out of shape that up and down hills and against the wind in the cold is not any help to this situation of being out of shape. Anyway...here's the picture:

I am thankful for these things today: that the car didn't stop working in some parking lot somewhere but in the "comfort" of our own driveway!; that we are all healthy; that we have a couch to sit on, a bed to sleep on, food to eat, and shelter; and most of all God to remind us that we are to live according to his plan and not try to live according to ours'! God is so good to me!
5 comments:
Sorry you missed play group. I know those can be invaluable. Yes, getting a reliable car seems like it would be a priority. As far as being out of shape I have personal experience with that too. Being in the military sure makes life interesting.
May I suggest you purchasing a Hummer? That's what I would choose! Glad y'all finally have your things and I hope your week gets a little better!
I agree. I often have to remind myself when things are going wrong how much worse they really could be and how fortunate I am. It's hard to do sometimes but seeing the positive really is reassuring.
P.S. The pic of J in the stroller cracks me up. Looks like he's in a bubble.
So no $500 cars there?? That was so nice.. then back to reality. I, of course, am also having car trouble.. doesn't that always happen when they are gone! Please say hello to the men in your life for us!
Hey.. I just realized we have the same verse on our blogs that is our homeschool mantra.. great minds think alike!
Post a Comment