Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Date in History...Part 2

As I was sitting here, just now, writing "A Date in History" (see prior post), Cody reminded me that today, one year ago, we moved into this house. One year ago...I cannot believe it. If you were to have asked me one year ago how I would feel today about Scotland, I might have given you a slightly different answer than I will give you now. But, I have fallen in love with this country, this culture, these people, and this area. It is a unique place. And, as a friend put it, before we moved here, it is a "step back in time," and I think that's why I love it. I love how proper everything is, how formal meal times are at the events we are attending, how completely lovely, safe and clean the country is. Now, I can say, I love living here. What a true blessing we have been given...the opportunity to live and immerse ourselves in three different cultures over the last several years. Here's to another couple of years here in Scotland!!

3 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

I am so glad you have settle in. It always seems to take a year.

The Stevens Family said...

So good to hear God is blessing you guys in this way!

JL said...

Well this is an answered prayer from a world away! I am so glad that you have made Scotland "home."