
We thought it only appropriate that we get Jackson a set of bagpipes for Christmas this year. Although we haven't figured out how to play them so they make music yet, they seemed to be a hit and a wonderful addition to the drums, piano and tamborine that are now housed in his playroom.
The first present of Christmas was opened in the picture below:

It was Jackson's idea to wrap baby Jesus up for Christmas morning. So, we took the baby Jesus from the nativity scene and wrapped him in a little box with the scripture from Luke 2 sitting beside it. Jackson opened up Baby Jesus in the manger as the first present of Christmas, as Cody read the scripture verse, and then Jackson placed Jesus in front of Mary and Joseph in the stable. It is a new tradition that we plan to continue year after year.
My parents, sister and brother-in-law joined us this year for a "Scottish Christmas."
My sister and brother-in-law joined us for one week and just left on Saturday. Jackson took to his aunt and uncle immediately and still think they are sleeping in the room across from him. Just today, I think he's now realizing they are really gone and is saying that his Aunt Jenny and Uncle Sam are at home in Texas.
This picture was taken on the train from Edinburgh where we saw the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. In the week they were here we mangaged to visit three castles, a cathedral, two town centres and do some shopping. It was most fun.
My parents were lucky enough to be able to stay until mid-January, which we are loving. We have seen one more castle, the Earl of Argyll's home and another town since Saturday. I think we're doing good on the sight seeing. It's been great to revisit some castles and see some parts we have missed in our previous trips.
I'll post more pictures as we take them while my parents are here. Cody and I will be "scooting" away for a few nights to explore the Fairmont St. Andrews resort right close to us.
2 comments:
We miss you guys so much! Jackson certainly made me feel so loved while I was there and I miss his sweet little voice and all of his wonderful hugs and kisses! Y'all are so blessed to have Jackson around every day to keep you smiling and laughing. Y'all are wonderful hosts and are so sweet to let us stay for a whole week (I know that can be quite an undertaking!). Hugs to everyone! "Uncle" Jenny
Looks like you guys are having a great holiday season! Love the bagpipes - not too many kids get that experience and I can't wait to see video of him figuring those out :)
Post a Comment