We are the parents of a two-year old flu victim. Yesterday, it hit Jackson like a brick wall! With his fever just slightly over 102 degrees, I tried not to panic. I knew exactly what he had...the same thing Cody had a week and a half ago. How did I know?? Because I was looking at a mini-Cody when I looked into those sad, droopy, teary eyes and felt his forehead (Cody keeps asking me, "Did my eyes really look like that?" "Yes, dear, they did," is my constant reply.). And, just as with Cody, it made my heart break.
Now, the difference between Cody and Jackson is that Cody doesn't call "Mommy" every hour and a half during the night. And, although I lost much sleep when Cody was sick, he was right next to me, so I knew he was breathing. Jackson was down the hall. I contemplated sleeping in his room, but knew that would probably mean less sleep for both of us (if that was possible). Today, at about 5pm, his fever began to break. It is now hovering at 100, so I'm praying that he is getting better.
Anyway, all that said, I have a completely new appreciation for my parents! We are so fortunate that Jackson (or the two of us) does not get sick often...especially THIS sick. So when he did, I had flashbacks of when my parents would rub my back for hours at night, bring me liquids on the couch or in bed, put a rag on my head to bring a fever down, or many of the other things they did when I was sick. And, all the sleep my parents must have lost when one of the three of us was sick...my oh my!! So, I am grateful for my parents and all they did when I was sick...I appreciate you so so much!!
2 comments:
so sorry Jackson is sick. I hope he gets well soon because you all need your sleep. Sleep depravation stinks.
Poor little Jackson! I hope since his fever broke that y'all can catch a few Z's to try and catch up on the sleep you lost! See you in 9 days!!!
Post a Comment