Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oma and Opa have come...

...and gone. We were having so much fun with them here for a week, that I just simply didn't want to take time to blog about them coming. But, they left on Friday and Cody has now left for a week and a half (possibly coming home for a quick visit this weekend), so I have some time to share some pictures of Oma and Opa's visit. Jackson was puzzled when he saw them at the airport, because usually they are in the computer. After about 30 minutes, he realized the people we picked up were really Oma and Opa and he was off...off for a fun week of COMPLETE UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!! I enjoyed watching him play with Oma and Opa and relished the moments that I actually got to talk to Cody and prepare dinner without a sidekick...don't get me wrong, I love "my sidekick" but a little break was nice.


We, of course, visited Edinburgh Castle while they were here. We again enjoyed seeing this marvelous castle and downtown Edinburgh. What a beautiful and historical place it is!


And, so now, we are into the countdown until Christmas when my family arrives. In between now and then, we have Thanksgiving (which should be interesting, seeing as Scotland is already into the "Christmas shopping" season...as, of course, no Thanksgiving here!), 2 formal events, golf lessons, Christmas parties, and many other fun things to do.

3 comments:

JL said...

These are great pictures! I am so glad the family has been able to come visit. Rick looks good, please send us an update on his health.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blake Family,
Lovely to see the pics of Richard & Stephanie. I didn't know St A was on the visit agenda but delighted they spent time with you.
Blessings from Downunder
Geoff A

Vicki Blake said...

I'm so glad that Oma and Opa got to see you all in Scotland. What I do find interesting is that you all are dressed in heavy winter wear and we are still wearing shorts