Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is Golf For Me?

Well...possibly! Much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed my very first golf lesson today!! I had been meaning to schedule myself for a lesson, but simply could not bring myself to pay the $60-70 that an hour lesson required for payment. Cody finally said to me...just do it...do it for you! Have fun! So, I did...and I did have fun! In fact, the PGA pro that gave me the lesson said that usually his students don't hit as many balls successfully as I did! At first, I said it was luck, but then, as I really started to enjoy it, I realized that I was so intently listening to what he had to say and loving trying to follow the instructions to successfully hit the ball! Now, unbeknownst to me, I did not realize that I had so many back and side muscles that were involved in swinging a golf club, but I guess that is part of the sport...for my back is slightly sore now. Anyway, it was wonderful to be outside at the driving range, seeing our house from the driving bay and enjoying the beautiful autumn breeze (mind you, my hands were numb by the time the hour was up from the cold and wind, but, hey...I didn't notice it during the lesson!). I just might have to continue the lessons...we'll see. After a few times of going out there myself, I may decide that another lesson is for me! I might actually enjoy living in "golf country" and get to enjoy the golfing as well!! I'll keep you updated!

P.S. My grandpa would be so proud of me...for I am finally learning to play the sport that he so loved to play, and, long ago, had tried to get me into it. I still have the sterling silver golf bag charm that he and my grandma gave me to try and spark that interest. I think he might be glad to know, now, that I am finally picking up a golf club after so many years!

No comments: