Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mountains...

You know that saying, "Stop making mountains out of molehills?" (or something like that...I tend to mess these sayings up...anyway, you catch my drift), well, I was trying so hard not to make a huge deal out of this flat tire...but...a HUGE DEAL it has become. To save you the pain of hearing the entire story, I'll just recap today's adventures with the "never-ending flat tire." So, Cody drove to work, did his sim...in the mean time, I call this "we come to you" tire service. Nice guy...meets Cody and attempts to remove the locking wheel bolt (see yesterday's blog if you are confused at this point) by chizeling it away (which is what anywhere else was going to do, just not on site). Uh, Cody calls me, the nice guy has broken the locking bolt in half and now, there is no way to get it out with a simple chizeling action. Soooooooooooooooooo, yes, we will now tow the car to a garage where, I'm sure they will spend a couple of days trying to remove the flat tire and put the spare on. Remember my blog from yesterday?? I FEAR FLAT TIRES! This situation has just compounded my utter fear of flat tires. And now, my "flat tires are no big deal, right??" comment...well, THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG in my mind now! My closing comment to Cody on the phone, "I just want something to go right in this country!"

Oh, and the kitchen sink...the guy is supposed to be coming out this afternoon to look at it but says it sounds like he might need to replace the entire sink. Uh, so now, we will be awaiting a replacement stovetop and sink. At the rate we're going, by the time we're done with our time here, it will be a brand new house with all brand new appliances! UGH!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

why would you have to change the entire sink if the faucet is the thing that doesn't turn on? Not sure if American faucets have the same fittings, but I could send one to you if you get in a pinch!! Hope today is better for you!

Vicki Blake said...

I'm so sorry you guys have had some rough spots. I am sure once you get all the glitches worked out things will start going smoothly. You have only been there a few months.

Steph said...

Kristin, I want to just come squeeze you! Hopefully these annoying and inconvenient tests of your patience are over and things will just be NORMAL for at least one day or so, sheesh. However, I do have to say that all things considered, you are one optomistic son of a gun and officially my hero.

On the bright side, you live in SCOTLAND! On a countryside overlooking beautiful mountains. And you have coffee. :) :) :)