Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Newest "Jacksonisms"

Jackson continues to amaze us every day with how much he is saying and understanding. Cody and I constantly look at each other with awe at something Jackson has said or a direction he has followed or at some spontaneous response he has made. Here are some of the things he's done lately that make us so incredibly proud of him!!

Conversation last weekend on the ski lift back down:
Me: Jackson, where do you live?
Jackson: Gocklan
Cody and I looked at each other with open mouths and then responded: That's right, Scotland!

Another conversation as we are pointing to him:
Me/Cody: Who's this?
Jackson: Datson (no more "Dax" as it was for a while...he's starting to get the whole name!)

His favorite toy is his orange puppy dog, which he has dearly given the name "Gup." Here's the phrase we hear often...especially when he has dropped him in the car or when Jackson realizes he has forgotten Gup in his bedroom:
Jackson: Uh oh, Gup! (followed often by pointing in the direction of where Gup can be found)
Quite often, now, he will say "Uh oh," followed by the name of the object that has either fallen accidentally or so cleverly been dropped on purpose!

The following conversation happened this evening, but just once, but Cody and I both heard it:
Cody getting ready to leave the house for a run
Me: Bye, have fun!
Jackson: Later!
Cody and Me: Uh...did he just say "later?"

His latest phrase:
Me or Cody: I love you!
Jackson: I lo lou!

Another question we asked him with an amazing answer:
Me: Jackson, what is the Bible about?
Jackson: Jesus (clear as day!!)

In the motor world...today, he put his tummy on a beach ball, his hands on the floor in front of him and lifted his feet up and scooted a few feet on the ball! I thought that was amazing...and hilarious!! Too bad I didn't have the video running!

In the food world:
We have discovered that Jackson's favorite foods include broccoli, crackers, applesauce, pineapple, rice (a product of living in Japan?? who knows?), and...I think he shares my love for sweets!

He is a walking/running and talking machine!! He loves being outside (yes, even in the cold) and now, understands the importance of wearing a coat and willingly puts it on (this was a hurdle for us initially!).

Just thought I'd share parts of his little world with you! We sure enjoy watching him learn, grow and just be a kiddo!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We totally identify with you! Every day there are multiple words, phrases, actions, things that simply amaze us. I'd say Jackson is ahead of the curve, given that he's months younger than Wyatt! But what else would we expect from the son of a speech path?

Jenny said...

Sounds like he got the smarts from his Aunt Jenny!! haha :) I can't wait to see him in just 7 more weeks!

Vicki Blake said...

So much fun to watch your little one grow. They are amazing.

JL said...

Thanks for sharing that with us! He is so smart!