Friday, September 28, 2007

Trust and Obey

Isn't it awesome when you know you are walking in God's way? When He lights a fire inside of you, makes you so passionate about something He has for you that you are about to spill over inside? Isn't it so great to know that what you are doing is God given and that you could only possibly do it with the grace and strength that God gives you? Pondering thoughts, huh?! "...my cup overflows" to quote Psalm 23:5. That is what God has done to me...made my cup overflow!! Not only has God been good to our family but He has been so good to me personally...a goodness I do not deserve! You see, I lead a Bible study on Monday evenings for some of the wives from both fighter squadrons here...and well, I have been blessed beyond belief!

In June, the woman that lead this Bible study left. Funny thing, God tugged at my heart (and my close friend's heart...who does the praise and worship part of our study)! Have you ever felt that tugging...the type of tugging that you push aside for a while because you think, "Nah...certainly not me," and then you realize that it IS God tugging and start to bargain with Him, "God, if you just let someone else do this, I'll attend, I promise,"...and then, you give up and OBEY...just as God commands us to do. It's amazing the peace, grace, blessings, strength, happiness, (I could go on) that God then gives you. It happened to me! I didn't deserve all those things, as I didn't obey right away, but he blessed me with them anyway...and does every Monday evening in a small living room on Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Japan...of all places!

Our group has doubled, thanks to God's working. I have learned so so much by leading this study...I have learned how to teach a group of women from different backgrounds and denominations; I've learned how to be more disciplined in a quiet time (something I continually work on); I have learned how much God helps us to learn and in turn teach others; I've learned of the happiness, pain, trials, griefs, and love that other women go through, and how, by looking to God and praying, they come out stronger on the other side; I've learned that my prayers that seem so unique are sometimes the same prayers others have in their lives (which is such a comfort that God gives me); I've learned how to grow so close to God it is as if He is sitting right next to me every step of my life. I have learned, how, even when I have "human hesitancy," to step out on faith and let God lead!

3 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

That is awesome!

JL said...

And HE uses you again...I really needed that today. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

You inspire more than you realize - even those of us who don't make it on Monday nights! This is a post I will come back and read again, so thanks for writing it down as a reminder :)