Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Banner Week

Cody called our last week a "Banner Week for the Blakes." I liked that title because it sounds so positive...and totally misleading!! However, it got me thinking of the positive things that happened over the past week. Let's see if I can even come up with a Top 10 list...here it goes...

Top 10 Positive Things in the Past Week:
10. We have spent lots of time together as a family (most of it within the confines of our concrete castle coughing and sniffling...buy hey!)
9. I'm glad we brought the recliner to Japan...it has been a great bed over the last week.
8. I'm glad we brought the sofa to Japan...it, too, has been a great bed this past week.
7. I am thankful for kleenexes...they truly help the runny noses we have had in this home..
6. The power of Tylenol, cough drops and warm washcloths is endless (oh, and so is the power of Puppy for Jackson!)
5. The lamp on our t.v. was quickly replaced...turns out that the electronic reps at the Base Exchange here do have a heart (so now, we can still watch t.v. as we lay and nurse our colds).
4. We chose the best and most popular carseat for Jackson (meaning we can't find the color we want in stock anywhere...but boy, is it a good carseat!)!
3. It is sunny outside (which means it's really really hot, but none the less, sunny!)
2. We can still communicate with the outside world thanks to the wonderful invention of e-mail (because without a voice, it makes it hard to talk on the phone!)
And, the NUMBER ONE positive thing about this week...WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY GOD EVERY DAY!
These blogs really help me to put things into perspective. Thanks for allowing me to vent online and realize, once again, that everything is fine and will be fine. This past week has just been a small hurdle to get over (that may be taking a little longer than anticipated!)

2 comments:

JL said...

I know it does not make you feel better, but I sat here and had a good laugh thanks to your blog! The small things...Next week should be GREAT!

Stephanie said...

Sorry you're all feeling crummy - hope you're on the mend! And when you are well, we'll definitely make a Wendy's date. That makes any week better!!!