Wednesday, September 19, 2007

In the Beginning...In the End

In the beginning of our tour here, we traveled the island to see what there was to see. We have been taking Ryan around to see the "sights of Okinawa" and, well, it is bittersweet. We are loving having Ryan here, because, as I said before, it is so exciting when someone comes to visit here...and definitely such a treat for us! But, as we are taking him around the island, we are reminded that it is probably the last time we will see these things before we leave...and, well, that is sorta' sad! We do love it here, and although we are excited to be moving on to new things in Europe, we are also sad to leave Okinawa and the close friends we have made here. Such is life in the military. Anyway, here are some pictures from what we have done so far...enjoy your "island tour!" Shurijo Castle...with the three of us!
Naval Underground Headquarters...Dad and Jackson

Southeast Botanical Gardens...Mom and Jackson

I'll post more of the "island tour" for you as we visit the places...I mean, of course the island tour is not complete without a trip to "Pizza in the Sky!" (For those of you from Okinawa, you know what I am talking about...the rest of you, it is a pizza place on top of a mountain that has a fabulous view of the north part of the island!)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hear ya! We have no more visitors coming and will be making our last tour by ourselves...it's hard to think about never seeing these places again! I'm glad you're getting a chance to share it with one more person - have fun!

Stephanie said...

It must be so nice to have family come to visit. After knowing realizing how far you guys are away from family, I have to remind myself that California really isn't that far to Texas. Enjoy your visit!

Vicki Blake said...

I always find it hard to move. No matter how hard I prepare myself the place I am moving from has become my home and I always feel like I am leaving a part of me behind. However, the new place always becomes home, too. It is bitter sweet.