As I got on to check everyone's blog sites (as I so often do before I update our's), I realized that I really should write some sort of post so that we do not lose our audience here!!
We are "on the mend" in this home. After three bags of cough drops, a bottle of infant tylenol, a bottle of adult tylenol, a bottle of Nyquil, a couple doses of cold medicine, three boxes of kleenex, about 6 sleepless nights, three mild fevers, a billion coughs and sneezes, one lost voice and a dose of the cold to each of the three of us...I have decided that this was by far the worst cold in the Blake history (although, I have probably just blocked out the others)! I am thankful now, and will never take for granted again, that Cody and I are generally healthy and RARELY get sick, much less sick at the same time (and, of course, we've never been sick at the same time with a child!)!
It was, however, a time of discovery for me as well. A time to figure out how to treat a sick child (and how it just tears your heart out to see them in pain!) and a time to realize that even though mommy's sick, still nothing stops...or slows down, a time to figure out that I can still cook dinner, vacuum and make the bed even after several days of no sleep (hmmm...maybe that's why it felt like this was the worst cold ever!), a time to discover that taking an hour catnap in the middle of the day can be such a lifesaver, and a time to realize, yet again, that I do not like seeing people I love not feeling well!! Thank you God, for the healing (and sleep) that our bodies are beginning to experience! I am truly greatful!!
3 comments:
I have to admit before having children that it was kind of nice being under the weather for a couple of days (not more than 2)when I could just lay on the couch and watch tv. Having children puts a completely different twist on being sick. I'm glad you are all feeling better. My little family is for the most part healthy as well so when one gets sick it changes the whole routine of things and you feel so bad when there's nothing you can do but love on them.
happy to hear everyone is getting better! What a fun way to capture a yucky time.
Well, I can truely relate. Half of us are currently on antibiotics for various infections. One being me...however, the show must go on!
Post a Comment