"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Thursday, October 2, 2008
24/7
I was sitting in the living room, just now, relaxing a bit when I was reminded of a "laughable" moment that happened the other day that I thought I should share. I was at ASDA the other day (which is the UK equivalent of Super Walmart...only not quite as good, but run by Walmart anyhow) doing some grocery shopping. As I'm about a quarter of the way through bagging my groceries (because here in Scotland, they do not bag them for you...and now they do not provide bags either, so I bring my own...however, not the point of this post!), and Jackson is sitting in the cart being ever so good, the check-out clerk, who was about 18, said to me, "Are you just finishing up work for the day?" Uh, did I hear him right, "I'm sorry?" I say. He asks again, "Are you just finishing up work for the day?" Yup, I heard him right the first time. I look at him, in all his 18 years of age, and smile and then look at Jackson, smile again. As I look back at the clerk I respond, "Well, he's (pointing to Jackson) my work, so I guess I'm never finished with my work." I said it with a smile and a little laugh. "Uh....(pause) oh," responds the clerk. He was speechless...he said no more than "thank you" after that. I had another chuckle as I loaded Jackson, the groceries and myself into the car at 5:30pm to head back home to cook dinner, play, bathe Jackson, read the Bible to him and gently place him in bed. I again, was reminded at what a priviledge it is to be a wife and mother...FULL TIME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You could have really scared that boy into never wanting kids, by saying "Look little boy, I wake up at the crack of dawn to feed the family, clean the house, pay the bills, do the shopping, entertain my child and my husband, and instill christian values along the way. No I am not getting off work, I am only about half way through my day and get this I do not even get a pay check for this stuff! Have a great day!" I think your way was much nicer! Thanks for letting me vent though!! hee hee
Jenn,
How did you know what I was REALLY thinking?!?! You made me giggle! Thanks...I needed that!:)
Post a Comment