Monday, October 6, 2008

I've Been Here Before!

Cody left this morning to go pick up a jet in the Czech Republic (rough...I know) and was supposed to (yes, reference that "supposed to"...can you see where this post is going??) be back in Scotland tomorrow morning. When he left, he said, I'll see you tomorrow. Uh huh, right. I've done this a few times. Historical statistics show that about 30% of the time he gets back when he's supposed to. So, the phone rings about an hour ago. (Mind you, he's now in the THIRD country for the day...arriving in Poland from Scotland, now in Germany and heading to the Czech Republic tonight.) "I'm in Auswitz," he begins. "Oh good," I reply. "Jet's not fixed. Not sure when it will be fixed." "Oh, ok," because, remember, I really didn't expect him home tomorrow, so it came as no surprise to me. "Sending someone out to hopefully fix it by Wed. morning," he continues. "Uh huh," I reply, because I've heard that before too. You get the jist. So, I told him to have a good vacation..."Enjoy Poland, Germany and the Czech Republic." His reply, "I'm sorry. Go out and treat yourself to something." I already did that...spent a lovely morning with our little man shopping and having muffins and a special latte at Starbucks, so I'm not bitter. I also bought some flowers for the vases...because, I knew where this was going, so I didn't feel badly buying a few "pretties" for the house. I plan to scrapbook, not cook and not clean much (although Jackson's Birthday party is Saturday, so I must clean a little!) He'll just have to explore those places and take me back sometime! I figure, it's a trial run...he explores, then takes us back to see all the good stuff!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's just so much more exotic than getting stuck in Panama City or something! Sorry you're solo, but obviously you're coping just fine like the good AF wife you are :) Enjoy your impromptu "me" time!