Monday, October 13, 2008

Believe It or Not...We Have A Two-Year Old!


I cannot believe another year has gone by, and we can no longer really call our son a "baby" now...he is a little boy. We are so very proud of the little boy that he has become and continually pray that he will grow to know Christ and live a life for him. Just last night, as we were sitting down to requested fish sticks dinner, he turned to Cody and said, "I love Jesus." I had been out of the room to grab some napkins for us, and when I came back in and Cody told me, my heart melted and sang. I must say, those are the sweetest words he has said yet...and on his second birthday. What a blessing that was from God...just as our Jackson has always been...a true blessing from God.

We spent yesterday morning at church, where the entire congregation sang "Happy Birthday" to him. We became members of our church yesterday, and so, as Cody mentioned up at the podium that it was Jackson's birthday, the pastor stopped Cody straight away and said, "We should all sing 'Happy Birthday' to little Jackson," and so they did. Jackson wasn't sure what to think, but I was so proud to be holding our little two-year old as he cuddled up to me. In the afternoon, Jackson had his family time with me and Cody. Here are a few pictures from the celebration.



I would venture to say that probably the biggest reaction we got to a gift went something like this: "Ha...(with a huge open mouth and smile) THOMAS JAMMIES!" Yes, that is right, he loved his Thomas jammies that we got him the most. Although, he isn't yet wearing them, as they are intended for much colder weather. That isn't to say he hasn't asked to wear them! His piano was an attempt to foster his love for music that we have discovered. We'll see where that leads us!

Our American friends here, also thought they would foster that love for music and bought him a drum set. I must say, that was a hit at his little "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" party that we had for him on Saturday.



Our Scottish friends got him a "memento from Scotland" ...a Scotland shirt (which, as you can see from the pictures above, he put on right away) and a Scottish brougue children's book (which, I cannot read...they said they may have to read it to him first...I must agree with that statement! It's a cute little book!). Our British friends got him a "Tractors" book. And, as I said before, our American friends, the drum set. It's amazing...three families at the party, three different accents (might as well be "languages" at times!)but yet, all coming together to celebrate Jackson's 2nd birthday. How neat! We are truly blessed. These three families are probably the families we have grown closest to and do the most with ... one from our church, one from the squadron and one from our country of citizenship! Funny to think about.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the cake I created for the theme...I even added a Thomas!!





All in all, it was a great weekend. And, believe it or not, we now have a 2-year old in the house! What a wonderful two years it has been! Happy Birthday, Jackson!

(The song "More Precious than Silver" that is playing is one that I used to sing to Jackson when he was just weeks old. It kept me awake, my mind focused and calmed him down when he was crying. I will never sing this song again, without thinking of how God sustained me during those first few sleepless months of Jackson's life and how he continues to guide Cody and I as we parent Jackson. God truly is "more precious than silver and more costly than gold!")

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh...I wished we could've been there!! Looks like you had tons of fun! Give that little man hugs for us!
love,
Sam and Jenny

The Walkers said...

Cute theme and cute cake. Don't you just love planning kids parties? It just may be my next calling in life-ha! We would LOVE to have you guys anytime, just let me know. I already took notes on your Ireland trip for when we get over there. I truly appreciate your spiritual messages on the blog. I grow from reading them but struggle with writing them myself. Just look at the four of us and how far we have spread out and what we have done--all of us loving the Lord. Isn't it amazing?

Vicki Blake said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson! I can not believe it has been 2 years either.

JL said...

Awee! Happy Birthday little Man!!

Stephanie said...

It looks like you all had a great celebration. Happy Birthday, Jackson! Two is such a fun year. It's one of my favorite years I think since they learn so much.

kristen said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! What a wonderful celebration you had. The cake looked great Kristin! Love all the pictures too. Hope you all are having a great week. Your blog post are great and so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

thinking about you girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Two already?? Happy late birthday little man!