You might think that I am writing this to tell you about a milestone that Jackson has achieved or some sort of "adjustment" to Scotland that has been attained for me...but no, I write this blog to honor my hard working husband.
We were gone to Ireland, but on September 1, 2008, my husband earned the rank of "Major." Now, in the military, they call it "pinning on" your rank, but I believe that "earn" is an appropriate word for it. For, after all, Cody has worked extremely hard for many years...and because of that, today, he went to work with Major rank on his uniform. I could go on and list all the achievements and work that he has done to get to this point in his career, but I do believe that he would agree that God has been the constant source of strength through all of it...and that is the most important thing to share. So, with God by his side, Cody will now be "Major Cody Blake" at work. I am so proud of him and continue to marvel at the fact that he would choose to sacrifice his life for our country at the drop of a hat. Congratulations, Cody!!
(Now, if I could just figure out how to sew those pesky squares of rank on his uniform quicker...)
4 comments:
that is HUGE! Send our congrats to Major Cody L. Blake for us! We'll have to celebrate in person in just a few short months! Can't wait. Hugs!! -the Dagley's
Congrats Cody! But I am impressed that you sew the rank on yourself. That calls for a wife award.
Congrats!! That is a great accomplishment and I definately agree with "earn"!
Congrats Cody! I have chills that is a huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment