"Show me your ways, Oh Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Friday, September 12, 2008
What Every Mother Wants to Hear
Yesterday, as we were sitting at lunch, Jackson and I, it was quiet...unusual for our house. Then, Jackson said, "I love you," and as I looked at him he was smiling at me and said it again, "I love you." Ah...talk about making your heart skip a beat! He has said the phrase before, but never spontaneously, always in imitation. Yesterday was the first time he said it on his own. Then, today, he turned to me as we sat eating lunch on a park bench and said, "I love you too." I guess he picked the "too" up from us, as we are always saying, "I love you too," to each other and to him. Anyway, just thought I'd share a moment to document in time! He's growin' up so fast!! One more month today and our little boy will be two. (Of course, today I asked him how old he was and he said "Three"...don't go skippin' years on me boy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! I remember the exact moment that both the boys said I love you to me. Words I will never hear too much of!
Such a sweet remembrance... I thought about calling you until I looked and saw that it's 2am there. And since you only went to bed 2 hrs ago, I figured you might need some rest =) We'll try another day =)
Post a Comment