Do you remember where you were seven years ago on this day? I do...I was at work when I heard of the first plane crash and then the second, and then I heard that the planes came from Boston. My parents were flying out of Boston that morning back to Seattle. I panicked and called Cody. Together, we attempted to get a hold of my parents. About mid-morning, I heard from my mom and dad...they had not been on the flights. God's hand was in this for us as a family, and I thank him for the protection that He provided our family on that day.
I put "Poems for September 11th" in the search engine, clicked on a site and sat staring at hundreds of poems written by anyone and everyone. I selected this one to post here. My prayer is that those that lost loved ones will/will continue to find comfort in God's ever open arms. As the verse to the left says, He is the great comforter in all our troubles. My heart goes out to all those people who were effected by the tragedy of September 11, 2001. I have thought about them all day today, and have again been thankful that God spared the lives of my parents.
"Nation Of Survivors
In the bright September morning without warning to us all
A few thousand lives were shattered and we watched two buildings fall
And a billion souls felt empty, and the flags at half-mast fly
In the memory of the innocent which didn't have to die
We've lost brothers, sisters, cousins. We've lost family and friends
But we've made the choice not to forget their lives and tragic ends
Though we've had our share of troubles we have put them all aside
As a nation grieves we find ourselves defending them with pride
We're a nation of survivors, with one heart we share a tear
But we live to serve the memory, not giving in to fear.
Though they try to take security with the things they've done and said
All their acts of inhumanity bring unity instead.
So we stand here as a family. One heart, one soul, one voice.
We are challenged by this moment, and united here by choice.
--Jack Foshee Jr., Sept 12, 2001.
ptyrtl@yahoo.com
(Feel free to reprint and redistribute in unedited form to anyone needing comfort or inspiration. God bless us all.)
Jack Foshee Jr "
Copyright ©2008 Jack Foshee Jr
No comments:
Post a Comment