I recently started a journal. I have had a leather bound journal that was given to me by Cody's parents about 3 years ago. I have always displayed it on the dresser or nightstand in our bedroom but had never written in it, as I wanted to find the perfect "theme" for the journal. About 3 weeks ago, I started writing in it. My journal is a compilation of the times in my life that I can look back on and see exactly how God's hand was at work in my life. I thought I would share the first entry in it with you.
On the 2nd of August, I wrote:
"I remember taking my first job out of college in Wichita Falls, Texas. Never heard of the place, much less knew anyone there. After a month or so, I cried and cried, in fact I cried many nights when I had first gotten there. What had I done moving to a strange place?? I stated going to First Baptist Church of Wichita Falls and became active in the singles group there. It was then that I met Cody. That I can remember, we were never formally introduced, we just started talking one Sunday morning in Sunday School. He became my best friend, my confidante, my fiance and then my husband. He has been those things for almost seven years now. Clearly, my job in Wichita Falls was secondary - God's plan was to place me in Wichita Falls to meet Cody. For that, I am eternally greatful!"
I am the most blessed woman alive. I sit here and just get so emotional thinking about all of the blessings that God has given me in Cody. In no way, shape or form am I worthy of such blessings, but He has graced my life with such a wonderful man in Cody. Cody has taught me so much about the Bible; has encouraged me to step out in faith many times when he completely believed that I could do something; he has held my hand during times of trials and rejoiced with me in times of triumph; he has been a fabulous father from the beginning (one of my fondest memories is when Jackson was just a mere day old and my sweet husband walked me through how to change Jackson's diaper with so many wires attached to him, as he had stood next to Jackson off and on for the day after he was born when I could not be there); he has loved me more and more every minute of our marriage; most of all, he has been an example to me of how to love God. I am so thankful that God thought I deserved such a special man. HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY, BABY! I love you and can't wait to spend the next 100 (or more) years together!
(The song playing is the Elvis version of "our first song," if you will, that we danced to at our wedding. We actually had a swing band playing at our wedding, and they played the original Johnny Ace version (couldn't find that one on the playlist.com site...too "old," I suppose.). Oh, the memories of our wedding...I'll spare you the sappy stuff!! It was an eventful night...full of...memories!! Thanks to all of those of you who shared in our special night. It is truly a night we will never forget!)
Next posting thought:
OK, so I was going to post this as a separate post and then thought that it was simply appropriate to post here. The song that comes on after the "Pledging My Love" song is "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. I was going to post the lyrics because I just simply love the lyrics to the song...but I encourage you to listen to the song. It is another amazing Christian song that I love. What struck me as I listened to it after writing my anniversary post was the following lyrics:
"How beautiful the radiant bride; Who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes"
Only through the belief in God and Christ giving of His life could Cody and I have such a wonderfully blessed marriage. There is a poem we were given anonymously when we were engaged, and it reads: "I used to think that marriage took just two to make a go...but now I am convinced that it takes the Lord also..." (or something like that). I say all of these things because I truly believe that without God as the center of our marriage, things would have been very different. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God was at our wedding. For those of you that were there, I do pray that you saw that too. Satan tries to attack us at some of the most celebratory times in our lives, Cody and I know that and experienced that on the day of our wedding (again, I'll spare you the details/memories.). I think that Cody would share in this comment with me, that Marriage takes three...the bride, the groom and God. I know that God will continue to be with us in our marriage.
And, now...I think I've just realized what my next written journal entry (you know, I mentioned that like 10 minutes ago in the beginning of this blog :) ) will be...God's hand was evident at our wedding and He continues to have a hand in our marriage.
6 comments:
I don't know if I ever commented on your wedding after it was over but I want you to know that it was a BEAUTIFUL outdoor ceremony (with enough Texas heat to keep you warm in Scotland)but that obviously radiated with the love between you and Cody as well as those friends and family that were able to attend. I have honestly never met a happier bride and knowing how stress can hit you--was amazed at the way issues just rolled off of your back. Everyone had a marvelous time and all the personal touches made it so special. What a magical way to start your married life. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. K
Happy anniversary! Wish we could be around more to share in your lives. But these blogs are great. Keeps us in touch. Hope you have a great day.
I don't know if I ever commented on your wedding after it was over but I want you to know that it was a BEAUTIFUL outdoor ceremony (with enough Texas heat to keep you warm in Scotland) that radiated with the obvious love between you and Cody and well as the friends and family who were there. You were honestly the happiest bride I have ever encountered and knowing how stress can hit you--I was amazed at how issues just rolled off of your back. All the personal touches made it that more amazing. What a magical way to start your married life. Thank you for letting me be apart of it.
I don't know that I ever commented on your wedding after it was over. It was a BEAUTIFUL outdoor ceremony (with enough heat to keep you warm in Scotland) that radiated with the obvious love between you and Coday as well as the friends and family who were there. You were truly the happiest bride I have ever encountered and knowing how stress can hit you--I was amazed at how those little issues just rolled off of your back. All the personal touches just made it that much more special. What a magical way to start your married life together. Thank you for letting me be apart of it. K
We love you guys! Here's to many more years together.
I hope y'all had a great 7th anniversary celebration! Can't wait to see y'all soon!!
Post a Comment