Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You're Never Fully Dressed...Without A Smile!

"Kuwai"...we never heard it much before Jackson was born. It's good I knew what it meant once he was born (thank you to one of the bilingual Japanese/English families that I previously worked with). It means "cute" in Japanese. Jackson has always smiled at people...that's just who he is...happy all the time. But when we were in the mainland, woowee!! It seemed every direction we turned, he was the center of attention...and LOVED IT!! He figured out that the more he smiles, the more the Japanese women talk to him! "Kuwai" is the word we heard constantly when he was spotted from around a corner, across a street or walkway, a museum, a restaurant, and NOW he just smiles even more! Today, I was at a Japanese department store and didn't even realize for a few seconds (as I was engrossed in trying to figure out the size shirt that fits me best...you know, because we're in Japan everything is sized differently) that there was a woman playing peek-a-boo with him around the corner of a mirror! And, yep, you guessed it, he just smiled bigger and bigger the more she played! She must have played with him for 5 minutes (I should just go to the store to take a break during the day!!)!! Not 15 minutes later, we were in the sewing department, of all places (strange, since I don't really sew), and he had a group of 3 women just a gigglin' away! So, I figured, why not show him off! I urged him to wave "hi" to them...which he did (and made his mama proud!)! I smile every time someone calls him "kuwai" and smiles or laughs back to him. And then I think, "Are we in trouble?? Is he gonna break hearts??" No, I think he'll just make this world a happier place...he reminds me to smile more...to which I am truly thankful and greatful!


This picture was taken at a restaurant on July 10, 2007 when we were in the mainland. Our Jackson, hamming it up!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to see you started a blog. Jackson is a cutie!

JL said...

I think he sounds like a flirt! HMM, wonder where that comes from?