My day started out as normal...6am, I woke up made coffee, read my Bible, fed Jackson, ate breakfast, drank coffee, did the first load of laundry, ran errands, made lunch...you get the drift. It was about mid-day when I was picking up coffee cups...again, for the fifth day in a row for this week (in other words, something I do every day)...that it occurred to me that my days seem pretty much the same. Oh well, I thought, as I carried on. Don't get me wrong, there are many many highlights to my days, like when Jackson waves at me (his new trick) or when he starts to try and push up on his hands and knees to crawl and then decides the toy he wants is simply too far away and rolls to try and reach it, or when he talks to me as if trying to tell me he loves me (of course it sounds the same as "dada" or "dat" his two favorite words), or when I actually get all of the chores done during his naptime and have time to scrapbook (a rarity). I love my days...really I do...I love the predictability and the ease of them. I'm such a planner, it just works for me to have repetition. So, just as I was becoming comfortable with my "ho hum" day, I start the garbage disposal...which, apparently, I hadn't run in a while. My nice comfortable, easy, ho hum day turned array!! Instead of the food going down and away...it came up along with the little black rubber thing in the drain! Yup, I clogged the garbage disposal! My day was now not so "ho hum" anymore. I had to smile! I called housing maintenance here on base and put in a work order. To make matters worse, she said, "oh, just hit the reset button." "No," I said, "It is running, it's just shooting food up out of the sink. I think it's clogged." "Oh, ok, so it's clogged." Yes...thanks for rubbing it in!!
So, since they average about a week to come fix things, I'll wait and do dishes the old fashioned way (you see, 'cause later I ran the dishwasher and now I have standing water in my sink...more excitement!), as I smell the wonderful carrot and cucumber peelings! That's the LAST time I think about my day being "ho hum!" I will now go fold the laundry and be thankful that we have lots of clothes to wear, food to eat, and, soon, someone to come fix the garbage disposal!
No comments:
Post a Comment