Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yes Sir, he's our baby...little boy!









So, last night, Cody and I were looking at pictures of Jackson and absolutely could not believe how much he had grown since he was born. He is 9 1/2 months old now and weighs in at a wopping 15 pounds 5 ounces with a height of 25 1/4 inches. He has definitely grown from his 4 pound 13 ounce, 18 inch self that he once was. I remember when he was born, people always told us, "oh they grow so fast!" I guess I should have believed them, but I was in denial then..."He will always be our baby Jackson." Well, I have come to the point in his little life where calling him "baby Jackson" just doesn't seem to fit. Although he'll always be our "baby" I think he's growing into being a smiley little boy! Of course, I don't want him to stop growing but just to do it slower...as I fear that some day soon he will be towering over me, and I will be wondering where all the "little boy" days went. As he continues to grow, I do pray that he will never lose that captivating smile that God gifted him with...it is truly addicting and makes me smile more than I ever used to! What a joyful blessing he is every day to us! Cody is always saying, "Gosh, I love that kid!" I have to agree!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well said! Jeff and I are always telling each other how much we love our little boy, too. And I tell Wyatt all the time that he's just yummy - I figure I should kiss him as much as I can now because someday soon he won't let me!

JL said...

It really does fly by! Don't worry they are never to big to wrap your arms around and smother them with kisses! (just not in public : ))