Monday, July 23, 2007

Traveling is ... Different Now

Kyoto, Japan
Jamaica, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, China, Australia, New Zealand...all wonderful places that Cody and I were so blessed to be able to travel to and enjoy together before we had children. Traveling now...well...it's different! Actually, Jackson did very well, overall, on our recent trip to mainland Japan. Aside from not sleeping half of the nights, it was a great trip that we had been wanting to do since we arrived in Okinawa. Since we had Jackson in October, he has slept in the same room with us twice...once in the hospital boarding room (which I didn't really "sleep" there anyway) and for three hours the first night we brought him home. So, this trip to Japan was our first experience with that! I must say, it is best that our child always have his own room to sleep in. Anyway, as we traveled Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Miyajima, we all three enjoyed seeing the culture, history and sights. Lack of sleep didn't stop us from seeing everything we wanted to see...and it won't stop us from traveling Europe when we arrive in Scotland later this year, for there are a lot more places to add to our evergrowing list!!

2 comments:

JL said...

Well, we have learned those same lessons, lol! I am hoping to add Scotland to my list of travel locations sometime very soon. (wink)

Anonymous said...

yep, traveling is going to be interesting with a little un